Final Report of the Year (Part Three)

Announcements, Interviews, News & More
Saint
Wise User
Registered for: 2 years

Final Report of the Year (Part Three)

Post by Saint »

Hello everyone, this is the last part of the Final Report of the Year 2020. I address this part to the tournaments, project, failures and the future.

When it comes to the tournaments, I think we have introduced a good system. We have tournaments more or less planned in advance. People know what to expect in which month and I think this is a new contribution comparing to the former communities. We have started with 1n1 tournaments and extended our offer to 2n2 tournaments. We have received various feedback and will be working for some 3n3/4n4/5n5 tournaments aswell. We finished around a dozen of tournaments this year without many complications and I think it is something that was appreciated by the community. Competition is back!

Over the year we have had various project, some of which were realised others not. Our mixteams have been pushed massively by the leaderboard, which is currently being updated, thanks to Hajt for this task! As mentioned above, our tournaments have boosted activity aswell, which I see as a successful story so far. Some projects have not been realised yet. We have stopped looking for a new community name. Clutch2D was about to become the name of our community, but in the end, it may all have been a bit premajure for a 20-30 player community to go with a big brand, which is why sticking to CS2D.TK is still the better way to go. Then we have not completely realised streaming matches. It was planned to have a new overlay for streaming/recording videos, but it was never realised until recently, Chrome offered to support us in streaming some matches, which works very good. When it comes to the forum, we had plans to work on a new design, header and some community signatures, which was all not done since we don't even have a proper community name and community logo. It leaves open space for future plans. The final big project, the CS2D.TK Awards 2020 have been finished by now and will be announced after this report. The Awards were done in a quite professional way, despite some recent criticism, and I think the awards were given to people who deserved them in total.

The failures in this year are various.

First we have failed in providing tournaments with a more sophisticated style. An attempt to create a league (Accomplice League) failed due to a bad conceptualisation from my side and it may return in future maybe with an updated version. This was one of the projects I invested quite a lot of time and energy and I was upset that it failed. A 3n3 cup failed in the registration proceeding which I can live with. It was due to inactivity. Then the 5n5 tournament was cancelled due to safety reasons, which was the right decision.

Another part where we failed is our management with cheating players and blacklisting players. We have not found a consistend procedure, which is why some criticism came up during the year. It is something that has to be improved in the future.

Another failure is the integration of new playerbases. During the early months it was very hard to find a common agreement with AM players, which goes on my account. Later on, it seems as if differences have been solved, but the vast playerbase has departed from the community which is a failure for me. The same accounts for the Turkish community which at some point was suffering a lot from cheat accusations (some of which were justified), but in the end we have also lost many players from Turkey which is something I regret. It would have been great to have a Turkish clan running.

Then I think we did not succeed in getting new players in our community. I hope we will find some creative way in the future to promote our website and our servers and eventually get new people around. I also call once again all clans to engage in recruiting new, even bad, players and to give them a chance to meet our competitive scene.

Our future plans consist of maintaining the community active, offering more and more complex tournaments and maybe even a clan competition. As know to most of you, we are currently running the community without an active admin to push forward community building and we hope that this will change in the near future. Our focus of the working staff is to maintain what is working and to offer tournaments.

From our part, there is nothing more to say, but to thank you all once again for taking part of this community. We wish you a happy last month of the year, marry christmas and a happy new year. Can't wait to see you next year again!
Noctis
Weak User

Re: Final Report of the Year (Part Three)

Post by Noctis »

Not sure why there is no comments about this, maybe people around are too lazy to read, so I did this job for them!!!
Pls don't tek my accent seriosly I tried to sound funny, I don't speak English like that normally (I actually do lol)
https://youtu.be/jcw5zhywuTA
Saint
Wise User

Re: Final Report of the Year (Part Three)

Post by Saint »

noctis <333 blet ya lublyu

Return to “News”