Final Report of the Year 2020 (Part Two)

Announcements, Interviews, News & More
Saint
Wise User
Registered for: 2 years

Final Report of the Year 2020 (Part Two)

Post by Saint »

Hey guys

This here is the second part of the Final Report of the Year 2020. I will address this part more to the community than single persons as such. It is all about the state of the community and the tournaments in the end.

Community
Our community is based on the forum here, the discord server, the gaming servers and the TS3 server that we have. The forum here is a very useful platform to organise and structure things. It is well moderated (because there is not much work to do considering this) and it is always a pleasure to login here for me. Most of activity takes place in the discord server, in fact, most of the community happens there. The activity in the discord server is super and I hope it will remain the way it is in the next year. Some adaptations I think are neccessary, especially when it comes to the administration team in discord, but we have no big deal to make about it. When it comes to our gaming servers, I can only underline how reliable they are and give my thanks to the hoster. Early on we had problems with lags, hitreg problems and finding the right people to be moderators, but now it all seems less problematic in general. The mixteam server is a huge contribution for the community, as most games happen there, but also the tournament server gives us space to have our tournaments organised there. Sadly, the public server was not very popular over the year, but if you watch closely you realise that sometimes there is around 12-16 players there, too. The other public servers were not that much attractive and we will see what to do with it. Eventually, we have some talks about getting AM servers, but nothing has materialised yet. Our TeamSpeak 3 Server is sadly very unpopular. It used to be more active, but I think that the vast majority prefers using discord, so only few players find their paradise in the TS3 server, which besides is well administrated by our team. In future, I think there is not too much work needed in these fields, most thing work very well and it is good the way it is in general.

This community is considered as international, meaning that the whole world is invited to join us. However, we are restrained by the capabilities that just exist in reaching out for people all over the globe. Most of our playerbase consists of European players. We were lucky to see a growth in the number of Turkish and Russian players recently and I hope that this same effect will be seen in other playerbases from other countries. Besides, we have a stable amount of German and Polish players, who seem to have dominated this game all over the years in terms of activity. To my disappointment, we have failed to integrate the AM players well here. At some point of the year we had a very good amount of AM players, which over time has vanished. Maybe it is partly due to my own incapability to find the good ways of having an international community and maybe I did not push enough to have AM servers. Still, all these players are welcome to look around here and take part in our community life. On the other side, I realised the split that existed between parts of the Brazilian community and the other American players where we could not really find the best solutions. I was in good contact to many people, but somehow, wrapping all up under one roof never really took the right shape. Future will tell us more about this.

The clans in this game have in some months let me believe that the old way of playing CS2D was reviving, that clans will compete among eachother without formal tournaments organised from our side, but in clanwars and sparrings. Time taught me that I was wrong and clans soon disappeared as soon as we suffered difficulties with organising larger tournaments. I hope that one day we'll have 5-6 stable clans to make more competition possible. Besides, my personal criticism for clans is, that they are unable to recruit new players. Only few clans did this. Yet, the way to expand our community starts on lower levels. Players need to find other mates, clans need to find other members and only then can these new people become new members of our community. Currently I experience our community to be a closed society where people from outside have difficulties to integrate, which is why we do not get new people. I hope that this may change if we open ourselves more, invite people to join our clans, accept weak players in clans, play more public and talk with new guys to motivate them visiting us.

The general activity in the forum is stable. What started with 8-15 users daily peaked in 50-60 users daily during the spring. We've fallen back to around 20 users daily in the forum and some guests. Maybe the logged in users can be pushed if we restrict the forum for logged in people only, but I think opening the forum for guests was a good idea and we will leave it the way it is. The activity is well and I hope it will remain well. The only thing I ask from people is to post in the forum once a week at least. This little amount of effort can help so much to keep a forum active, I can tell you. Yet, I do not see our community endangered by inactivity at the moment.

Other communities
, such as CS2D Global, CS2DBR or Fisurama, who all three were created by South American players have motivated me a lot and gave me the hope that we may see a revival of AM communities in the future. I was especially motivated by the way CS2D Global handled the discord server, which in some parts I copied in our own discord servers. I really wish these communities keep on working the same way we do here and that cross-community/cross-continent competition will be possible in the future.

Cheaters on the other side have led to many problems over the month. I think we found, or rather accepted, the right way handling this problem, that we cannot punish people without proofs. The way we handled this issue has lead to several bans and I think the tournaments have not suffered as much as I have expected at first. We will find ways to keep our tournaments as safe as possible, even if there may never be a bulletproof guarantee that every player in the community is clean. My words to the community is that cheating is not worth it, not for you and not for us. We lost quite good players because of problems considering to cheating, who otherwise were well integrated in the community. It is all bad for both sides and I hope people realise it and stop using cheats. When you get offered cheats, refuse the offer and make it public who offered you what kind of cheats, so that we can react to that.

Tournaments
The tournaments played a key role in keeping the community in shape. The tournaments include the cups that we held aswell as the mixteams that are played in monthly rankings. I have never been much engaged in past tournaments, but my personal opinion is, that organising the tournaments in a regular basis, planning them in months when they should be played, is a new contribution to CS2D communities. It makes it reliable for people to know when they can expect tournaments, when they can register and it also helps them to keep an overview. Our tournament organiser team is great and we will keep working on tournaments and also focus on rules best suitable for the community.

We've had different kind of success in the tournaments. Our mixteams are running on high pace still, after all these months. We have over 100 mixteams played and they help also to fill gaps when no tournament is going on. The other tournaments we carried out make it possible to have some comparison between players and to provide competitive gaming. Most of the tournaments are successful, while the larger ones and more complex ones (3n3, 5n5 and leagues) seem to be failing due to lack of activity and security reasons. We have received feedback from people and will react in trying to implement at least one 3n3/4n4 and maybe even a 5n5 tournament next year.

I will stop at this point and write the final part of the report next month. It will include the projects we've had (implemented or not) and the plans for the future. It may also include some words about the CS2D.TK Awards 2020 which are currently being carried out, while 2 awards are already decided and one will be decided on today, the two last awards will be decided by end of December.
Szymon
Known User

Re: Final Report of the Year 2020 (Part Two)

Post by Szymon »

Saint wrote: โ†‘Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:40 am Cheaters on the other side have led to many problems over the month. I think we found, or rather accepted, the right way to handle this problem, that we cannot punish people without proof. The way we handled this issue has lead to several bans and I think the tournaments have not suffered as much as I have expected at first. We will find ways to keep our tournaments as safe as possible, even if there may never be a bulletproof guarantee that every player in the community is clean. My words to the community is that cheating is not worth it, not for you and not for us. We lost quite good players because of problems considering cheating, who otherwise were well integrated in the community. It is all bad for both sides and I hope people realize it and stop using cheats. When you get offered cheats, refuse the offer and make it public who offered you what kind of cheats, so that we can react to that.
mhm fixed some grammar errors so thank me later. I as the future Admin in charge of this growing community demand BOS (Ban on sight) of any suspected Hacker with the smallest amount of evidence. Every single blacklisted monkeys will be banned instantly without hesitation. I also suggest that blacklisted monkeys shall not have a un blacklist date but an old CS2D tradition way of getting un blacklisted! POLL VOTES! If he gets more negative than positive "reviews" he will remain blacklisted.
๐—ข๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ฒ๐—ฑ, ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฑ, ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ.
Saint
Wise User

Post by Saint »

Thanks to szy for helping me out with my English skills!
raver
Respected User

Post by raver »

the right way was "no ban without proofs" still st0rm got banned with not a single proof except having some name.exe in his moss reports none of you has an idea of. And still tekko nova and some other guys pulling of ridicolous moves and there u do nothing .At least i can enjoy the irony in that.
Saint
Wise User

Post by Saint »

st0rm's ban is an unlucky case if you ask me, but I won't overwrite the decision myself. st0rm still has the chance to send the file, show us that we're a bunch of chumps and that the file is legit and we he will get an unban immediately. It is in his own interest to defend himself if he intends to do so. From our point of view there is only one thing to conclude. We can admit mistakes without losing any honor or having our pride hurt, but show us that we are mistaken.

I can't say anything particular about the ridiculous moves you talk about, because I have never spectated nova or tekko and other guys, but many ridiculous moves have been reported to me in the early month of the year, some with video records shown to me, but no ban has ever resulted in these reports for good reason.
nova2DOT
Weak User
Registered for: 1 year 2 months

Post by nova2DOT »

"Other communities, such as CS2D Global, CS2DBR or Fisurama, who all three were created by South American players have motivated me a lot and gave me the hope that we may see a revival of AM communities in the future. I was especially motivated by the way CS2D Global handled the discord server, which in some parts I copied in our own discord servers. I really wish these communities keep on working the same way we do here and that cross-community/cross-continent competition will be possible in the future."

Rly?

Nothing written there is true and will never be. Its community is very toxic and xenophobic, especially among Brazilians. I met your community and was not welcome. I was called a hack, banned and they made fun of me for being Brazilian. Today I saw players from your community mocking a Brazilian on the server CS2D.TK with offensive words. Anyway, CS2D game since 2012, I've been playing for 8 consecutive years and there are great Brazilian players in CS2D. I am an administrator of the CS2DBR community and I see that our ties are getting worse every day.
Saint
Wise User

Post by Saint »

Nothing is wrong in what I wrote. I am talking about myself. I was motivated by these communities. And I hope that in future we can create more ties. For this year I think we failed.

I am afraid to see you experiencing bad things here. I do not know the reasons behind that and I hope it will not persist in the future. I know we have players who are not toxic and others should take an example from these players.
Andrรฉz
Weak User

Post by Andrรฉz »

Nice Saint it seems like you learned a lot and in my humble opinion you are one of the best admin there ever was in here, with a larger community, proper anticheat and a wider staff you would have a great community.

If i can have a word, dont worry about "failing to integrate AM players", because at the start it was a clear failure, but then the integration was happening but i would say most american players or atleast me, we were only here for the new ICC tournament and when we knew it was not gonna happen(a lot of cheaters) the conclusion was that there was no point on playing anything else, taking into consideration that there were mostly only mixteams in European servers(cant blame that).

Goodluck in your next steps.
fedethe1
Shy and Weak User
Registered for: 1 year

Post by fedethe1 »

saint, idont read all this post and dont even care about what is it. but i saw moving down the comment from nova. and what u say is the most hypocrite thing in 2d... u and this role adm wash ur head bro. cos the most toxic pple like nova said are here, like zymon who is fucked up homeless- all time flaming when lose a game. edi too and gosu sometimes too. and its funny when we invited gosu to our sv US he cry cos cant play with 150 ping so he lose and we respect him wont tell him even a word, then he rage quit, later he flame us or he flame me cos im not good with 250 ping. euro scene is weird full of nerds pple behing their pc. get a life all of u. or play in silence bunch of losers
fedethe1
Shy and Weak User
Registered for: 1 year

Post by fedethe1 »

and thanx to andrez since i dont even read comments on this website, but just joined and see his name in a post so i came here to see this...

Return to โ€œNewsโ€