Heading towards the end of 2020

Announcements, Interviews, News & More
Saint
Wise User
Registered for: 2 years

Heading towards the end of 2020

Post by Saint »

Hey guys

It's been an exciting trip from the beginning of the year until now. When this all started as "Project CS2D 2020" nobody could ever have thought where we would end. And yet, we had a very decent year so far and I think we will finish it in same manner. The peak of activity is clearly behind us and things could have taken even better ways if the circumstances had been different, but it is what it is and the community handled things in the best way possible.

Planned Activity
Ahead of us are the last tournaments, which are probably the currently known Single Seasons Cup 2020 - Autumn and the Shotgun Cup 2020. Then we will also have the last mixteams played by the end of December.

When the end of the year comes closer, we will finish our work this year with the CS2D.TK Awards 2020, as is already being discussed in another topic. The most of the awards will be the once mentioned in the related topic. The awards will be a very pleasant thing to finish the year with and the only unclear thing is the process which will lead to awarding players. This of course shall be decided very soon.

Changes in the Staff
As mentioned several times, I (Saint) am going to step back from my role as "active" Admin. It appears that there is currently noone to take this position, but again, things can change in a while. It is planned that the stepping back will lead to a demotion to a Staff/Support member and some tournaments still may be organised from my side. However, I will not engage essentialy in the community-building process anymore, as currently I am not in the position to offer more and my time capacity is also limited.

Pillars of the community
When considering the situation, one can say that things can absolutely work without an "active" admin, as some pillars have been built on which the community can rely on to be maintained even afterwards. We have the mixteams, we have our gaming servers, discord server and ts3 server and quite some players interested in playing the 1n1 cups that are being organised every 4 months.

Future Activities
There will be new space for people to take over some responsibility, either as "active" admin or tournament organisers. But people need to step up themselves:

- "active" admin: Can be needed or may not be needed, we shall see.

- Mixteam Championship 2021: The rankings will no longer be organised by me. We have a system that works more or less and if needed, the new organiser can change some rankings and add new things if he feels like, or he can just use the system we have now.

- Single Seasons Cups 2021: Currently I am intending to host 2 more of them, but there is no guarantee and there could be needed other people to organise them. Two players in this community (SSJ and Szoks) both have organised tournaments this year and they did it successfuly. I think it is a task that can be handled by many other players aswell and they'd need to step up and text us.

There is no need to talk about other tournaments yet.

The Admin's Personal Demand
So yeah, we're finishing this year confidently, but afterwards it remains to be seen how we develop. All I can say from my side and it shall be sort of a request and demand to the community is the following:

1) Please stay active in the discord, not only passively, but also text something now and then.
2) Please take a day or two in the week to show up for a mixteam, one player more can help so much to increase the activity.
3) Please use this forum to post in some random topics and share your opinion. We need activity to maintain the forum, but me, I cannot keep it active alone.

Thanks for reading until here, hope to get your replies and opinions below and see you around soon!
Paset
Strong User

Re: Heading towards the end of 2020

Post by Paset »

Taking in mind that you will leave and the amount of cheaters playing the game for months already, isn't it time to say goodbye?

I don't mean closing the discord channel but maybe giving an end to competitive scene.
Quarantine gave us the chance to say goodbye and feel things about the game. So is it's end the chance to stop it.

Just saying...
Saint
Wise User

Post by Saint »

@Paset
It's an option for sure, but we can also maintain a community where at least some kind of competition takes place for players who want to compete in 1n1s. Hard to tell what the right thing is. I probably am too optimistic that our work here can lead to a solid community in an unknown future, but who knows in the end... :p

Edit: You know, even if only 8 players register for a tournament, I think it's a nice thing to offer them something, you can always read some names from the past who register. Who knows, maybe suddenly skrillex will register for a tournament out of nowhere. I'd love to see it. xd
Paset
Strong User

Post by Paset »

Yea but it's not worth when community is full of cheaters. Activity shouldn't be valued over quality.
It's nice to see that the head admin is optimistic and so but you have to take in mind that competitive scene is a shade of what it was. Is it worth organizing a tournament for 8 players where 4 -or more- are cheaters? I don't think so.
raver
Respected User

Post by raver »

Forget it Paset. Yesterday someone's plays were too obvious and with 4 admins on the server nothing happened. In tournaments someone will just be called cheating when he wins vs steru

Return to “News”